By using the services and platform of Telegraph Local, you agree to the following terms and conditions of use. Please read carefully to be sure that compliance will not be an issue.
1.1 Basic breakdown and understanding
In general, we just want you to be nice, and avoid doing anything that might harm us or anyone else. Telegraph Local prides itself on honest reporting, facts and original content. It is important, you as a reporter/writer carry on the same integral position. By building a site on the Telegraph Local platform, you agree to do the same. Use common sense and good judgement, your words matter. Telegraph Local will not be help responsible for misreporting, slander, threatening post.
Among others, you may not copy our materials, use any content in an illegal or harmful manner, use our services or content on any platform or website not provided by us, make any misrepresentations or abuse our Services, or otherwise violate anyone’s rights or any applicable laws.
Failure to abide by any of these rules may constitute removal of your website and services we provide.
- No profanity
- No threatening language
- No baseless accusations
- No writing articles to sell goods or services unless clearly marked in BOLD all caps at top of page stating it is a paid advertisement. (this excludes seperate advertisements such as adsense, etc. that are placed inside of your articles).
- Opinion articles are welcome on your website, however the words OPINION must be in bold and all caps clearly shown at top of article.
- Pictures used must be owned by you or you must have permission for use or they are free to use. You agree that you are solely responsible for any fees associated with using licensed photographs and/or other materials.
- Plagerism will not be tolerated, your site will be removed. Your website hosting on the Telegraph Local platform is for original writing.
1.2. You agree and undertake not to:
- copy, modify, create derivative works of, download, adapt, reverse engineer, emulate, migrate to another service, translate, compile, decompile or disassemble the Telegraph Local Website, the Telegraph Local Services (or any part thereof), any Content offered by Telegraph Local or Third Party Services for use and display within User Platforms (“Licensed Content”) and/or any part thereof in any way, or publicly display, perform, transmit or distribute any of the foregoing without Telegraph Local’s prior written and specific consent and/or as expressly permitted under the Telegraph Local Terms;
- submit, transmit or display any User Content, or use Licensed Content in a context, which may be deemed as defamatory, libelous, obscene, harassing, threatening, incendiary, abusive, racist, offensive, deceptive or fraudulent, encouraging criminal or harmful conduct, or which otherwise violates the rights of Wix or any third party (including any intellectual property rights, privacy rights, contractual or fiduciary rights), or otherwise shows any person, entity or brand in a bad or disparaging light, without their prior explicit approval;
- use any illegal action to collect login data and/or passwords for other websites, third parties, software or services;
- phish, collect, upload, or otherwise make available credit card information or other forms of financial data used for collecting payments, unless done in accordance with any applicable law, including, with the PCI DSS standard when applicable;
- upload, insert, collect or otherwise make available within the Telegraph Local Website or the Telegraph Local Services (or any part thereof), any malicious, unlawful, defamatory or obscene Content;
- publish and/or make any use of the Telegraph Local Services or Licensed Content on any website, media, network or system other than those provided by Telegraph Local, and/or frame, “deep link”, “page scrape”, mirror and/or create a browser or border environment around any of the Telegraph Local Services, Licensed Content and/or User Platform (or any part thereof), except as expressly permitted by Telegraph Local, in advance and in writing;
- use any “robot”, “spider” or other automatic device, program, script, algorithm, or methodology, or any similar or equivalent manual process, to access, acquire, copy, or monitor any portion of the Telegraph Local Services (or its data and/or Content), or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of any of the Telegraph Local Services to obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, documents, services or information through any means not purposely made available through the Telegraph Local Services;
- act in a manner which might be perceived as damaging to Telegraph Local’s reputation and goodwill or which may bring Telegraph Local into disrepute or harm;
- purchase search engine or other pay per click keywords (such as Google AdWords), or domain names that use Telegraph Local or Telegraph Local Marks and/or variations and misspellings thereof;
- impersonate any person or entity or provide false information on the Telegraph Local Services and/or User Platform, whether directly or indirectly, or otherwise perform any manipulation in order to disguise your identity or the origin of any message or transmittal you send to Telegraph Local and/or any End Users;
- falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity, or falsely express or imply that Telegraph Local or any third party endorses you, your User Platform, your business, your User Products, or any statement you make;
- reverse look-up, trace, or seek to trace another User of Telegraph Local Services, or otherwise interfere with or violate any other User’s right to privacy or other rights, or harvest or collect personally identifiable information about visitors or users of the Telegraph Local Services and/or User Platform without their express and informed consent;
- disable, circumvent, bypass or otherwise avoid any measures used to prevent or restrict access to the Telegraph Local Services, User Platform, the account of another User(s), or any other systems or networks connected to the Telegraph Local Services, by hacking, password mining, or other illegitimate or prohibited means;
- probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the Telegraph Local Services or any network connected to the Wix Services;
- upload to the Telegraph Local Services and/or User Platform or otherwise use them to design, develop, distribute and/or otherwise transmit or execute, any virus, worm, Trojan Horse, time bomb, web bug, spyware, malware, or any other computer code, file, or program that may or is intended to damage or hijack the operation of any hardware, software, or telecommunications equipment, or any other actually or potentially harmful, disruptive, or invasive code or component;
- take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of the Telegraph Local Services or Telegraph Local systems or networks connected to the Wix Services, or otherwise interfere with or disrupt the operation of any of the Telegraph Local Services, or the servers or networks that host them or make them available, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations of such servers or networks;
- use any of the Telegraph Local Services and/or User Platform in connection with any form of spam, unsolicited mail, fraud, scam, phishing, “chain letters”, “pyramid schemes” or similar conduct, or otherwise engage in unethical marketing or advertising;
- access to Telegraph Local Services, User Accounts, Licensed Content and/or User Content, through any means or technology (e.g. scraping and crawling), other than our publicly supported interfaces.
- sell, license, or exploit for any commercial purposes any use of or access to the Licensed Content and/or Telegraph Local Services, except as expressly permitted by the Telegraph Local Terms;
- remove or alter any copyright notices, watermarks, restrictions and signs indicating proprietary rights of any of our licensors, including copyright mark [©], Creative Commons [(cc)] indicators, or trademarks [® or ™] contained in or accompanying the Telegraph Local Services and/or Licensed Content; or
- violate, attempt to violate, or otherwise fail to comply with any of the Telegraph Local Terms or any laws or requirements applicable to your use of the Telegraph Local Services.
- access or use the Services for benchmarking or similar competitive analysis purposes or in order to build a competitive product or service.
1.3. You undertake and agree to:
- fully comply with all applicable laws and any other contractual terms which govern your use of the Telegraph Local Services (and any related interaction or transaction), including those specific laws applicable to you or your End Users in any of your geographical locations;
- be solely responsible and liable with respect to any of the uses of the Telegraph Local Services which occur under your User Account and/or User Platform(s), and for any of your User Content (including for any consequences of accessing, importing, uploading, copying, using or publishing such User Content on or with respect to the Telegraph Local Services);
- regularly and independently save and backup any of your User Content and the information that is being processed by you regarding your User Platform, including with respect to End Users, User Products, and any applications and/or Third Party Services used by you;
- receive from time to time promotional messages and materials from Telegraph Local or its partners, by mail, e-mail or any other contact form you may provide us with (including your phone number for calls or text messages). If you wish not to receive such promotional materials or notices – please just notify us at any time;
- allow Telegraph Local to use in perpetuity, worldwide and free of charge, any version of your User Platform (or any part thereof) for any of Telegraph Local marketing and promotional activities, online and/or offline, and modify it as reasonably required for such purposes, and you waive any claims against Telegraph Local or anyone on its behalf relating to any past, present or future moral rights, artists’ rights, or any other similar rights worldwide that you may have in or to your User Platform with respect to such limited permitted uses;
- Telegraph Local’s sole discretion as to the means, manner, and method for performing the Telegraph Local Services, including those regarding the hosting, transmission, publication and/or display of any User Platforms and/or Content (including the inclusion and presentation of any advertisements or other commercial content with respect thereto).
- Telegraph Local shall have the right to offer the Telegraph Local Services in alternative price plans and impose different restrictions as for the upload, storage, download and use of the Telegraph Local Services in each price plan, including, without limitation, restrictions on network traffic and bandwidth, size and/or length of Content, quality and/or format of Content, sources of Content, volume of download time, number of subscribers to your Content, etc.
You acknowledge and agree that your failure to abide by any of the foregoing or any misrepresentation made by you herein may result in the immediate termination of your User Account and/or any Services provided to you – with or without further notice to you, and without any refund of amounts paid on account of any such Services.
1.4. You represent and warrant that:
- you are at least thirteen (13) years of age, or sixteen (16) years of age if you are an individual within the European Union (EU), or of the legal age of majority in your jurisdiction, and possess the legal authority, right and freedom to enter into the Telegraph Local Terms and to form a binding agreement, for yourself or on behalf of the person or entity committed by you to the Telegraph Local Terms;
- you are not a resident of (or will use the Telegraph Local Services in) a country that the U.S. government has embargoed for use of the Telegraph Local Services, nor are you named on the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or any other applicable trade sanctioning regulations;
- your country of residence and/or your company’s country of incorporation is the same as the country specified in the contact and/or billing address you provide us;
- you understand that Telegraph Local does not provide any legal advice or any recommendation with respect to any laws or requirements applicable to your use or any of your End Users, or your compliance therewith;
And specifically regarding your User Content:
- you confirm you own all rights in and to any content uploaded or provided by you, or imported, copied or uploaded by Telegraph Local Services for you, to your User Platform (“User Content”), including any designs, images, animations, videos, audio files, fonts, logos, code, illustrations, compositions, artworks, interfaces, usernames, information you provide for the purpose of creating a subdomain name, text, literary works and any other materials (“Content”), or otherwise have (and will continue to have) the full power, title, licenses, consents and authority, in and to the User Content, as necessary to legally access to, import, copy, use, publish, transfer or license such User Content, by you and us or any of our affiliates;
- you have (and will maintain) the full power, title, licenses, consents and authority to allow Telegraph Local Services to access any websites, web pages and/or other online services, for the purpose of importing, copying, displaying, uploading, transmitting and/or otherwise using, your User Content.
- the User Content is (and will continue to be) true, current, accurate, non-infringing upon any third party rights, and in no way unlawful for you to upload, import, copy, possess, post, transmit, display or otherwise use, in the country in which you or your User Platform’s visitors and users (“End Users”) reside, or for Telegraph Local and/or your End Users to access, import, copy, upload, use or possess in connection with the Telegraph Local Services;
- you have obtained all consents and permissions required under all applicable laws, regarding the posting, transmission and publication of any personal information and/or image or likeness of any person, entity or property which is part of the User Content, and you will adhere to all laws applicable thereto.
1.5. Advertising and payments
Telegraph Local and subsideraries do not pay website owners on Telegraph Local Web Services for advertising. You are responsible for adding your own advertising means through Google Adsense or a similiar service. That service will pay you directly, we are not the middle man. If you decide to sell your own ads directly to merchants, you are responsible for placing and servicing those ads as well as colecting payment for such services rendered. You, the website owner on Telegraph Local Web Services are able to offer and use virtually any type of advertising mechanisms to make money and it is your sole responsibility to do.
You may place ads on your sidebar, top and bottom of the site, in line in the text of your site, etc. There are no restrictions on ad placement for your website.
Telegraph Local Web Services may offer promotions to you, the website owner for paid advertising on the main Telegraph Local site. Those terms and services will be dictated at such time as you decide to pay for additional advertising for your website on our home platform, www.telegraphlocal.com or its affiliates.
Telegraph Local reserves the right to run no more than two ads on the sidebar of any sub-domain on the Telegraphlocal.com without compensation to the sub-domain owner (you). These ads will not interfere with any operation of your website. You are free to place your ads wherever you like on your sub-domain.
1.6. Promoting your content on www.TelegraphLocal.com
We may pick articles hosted on sub domains of Telegraph Local Web Services. This is not guaranteed and it is not guaranteed how often, when or which articles we find relevant to share on the home page. You hereby agree by using Telegraph Local Web Services to allow us to do so without compensation when we choose and for how long we choose. These promotions are both for the benefit of our users and Telegraphlocal.com. Articles promoted on TelegraphLocal.com main site will link directly to the article and sub domain the article is written and hosted on, you will recieve the traffic for this.
*****BE ADVISED, WEBSITE’S FOR TELEGRAPH LOCAL WEB SERVICES ARE ALSO HOSTED ON WORDPRESS. PLEASE READ THOSE TERMS OF SERVICE HERE.