By | Been Written
Contributing Writer | Telegraph Local
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and her “Hairgate” saga raged on over the weekend. Protesters wearing hair curlers decided to string up blow dryers on trees in front of Pelosi’s home, to deride the Speaker mercilessly about going to a salon that was supposed to have been closed due to coronavirus measures.
Newsweek says that the protestors say that Pelosi was being a hypocrite for getting her hair washed at the salon last week.
The story goes, Pelosi and her staff say they were given specific instructions to follow before they headed to the salon.
Pelosi, her staff and the stylist involved say that the instructions were followed properly.
The owner of the Salon, Erica Kious, decided to film Pelosi while she was getting her hair done, and then turned over the footage exclusively to Fox News.
Kious says at first, denied having anything to do with filming the event, that she didn’t authorize the appointment, that it was done through an independent contractor who rents booths from the salon.
Kious said in a news conference that she believes the stylist, Jonathan Denardo made the arrangements with Pelosi to visit the salon and that she was not involved.
“Of course, since I had no contact with Mrs. Pelosi or her team for any of this and Jonathan is the only one they communicated with, if there was a setup, it only could have been Jonathan who orchestrated it,” Kious continued.
Denardo’s attorney told ABC 7 that his client and all stylists at the salon have quit and removed their belongings, adding that his office and Denardo have “been receiving rather steady death threats.”
Through a statement issued by his lawyer, hair stylist Jonathan DeNardo said Kious appeared to be “furthering a setup of Speaker Pelosi for her own vain aspirations.”
The stylist’s attorney also said his office was “in possession of photographs, videos and witness information that Ms. Kious, contrary to her prior statements to the press, has actually been operating her business during the stay-at-home orders and similar executive orders limiting in-store operations since as far back as April 2020.”
The fact of the matter is that Kious did receive a text message from Denardo, and Kious is the one who released the video footage to Fox News.
Kious goes on to eventually say that “The point of releasing this video was to show a woman in a high-risk age group who spends much of her time on TV warning about the dangers of COVID-19, feel safe and comfortable in a San Francisco salon, and can be responsible for being cautious and mindful,”.
Fox News says that Mayor London Breed was asked on Friday about the protesters. She said it was time to “move on.”
The mayor told ABC News7, “I get that they have these feelings, they are voicing their feelings, but we are doing the very best we can and I know that’s not good enough for them, I understand.”
“I get it, but at the end of the the day, it is really time for us to move on.”
The New York Post reports, ‘When Kious was asked if she had released images or footage of any other clients or if it was just Pelosi, she replied, “Yes,” before the conference was abruptly ended.’