By | Rachel Brooks
Contributor | Telegraph Local
See the New African Living Standard
ABC News reports that Iran’s Revolutionary Guard, also known as Quds, vowed retaliation against Israel’s cities for their part in the US assassination of Quds command Qassem Soleimani. Israeli cities Tel Aviv and Haifa are now targets of the Quds. Mohsen Rezaee made this comment on Sunday afternoon at approximately 6:30 pm. Rezaee had previously alleged that Israel leaked intelligence that helped the United States locate Soleimani’s exact whereabouts.
Citing Politico, Iranian leaders have said that Israeli cities can be “revenge targets.” Politico confirms the reports that Mohsen Rezaee made these comments at Sunday’s Tehran funeral ceremony for Qassem Soleimani.
Further citing Politico, the Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu responded with this comment:
“Israel stands totally with the US in its just struggle for security, peace, and self-defense.”
Mohsen Rezaee stated that Tel Aviv and Haifa are the objects of the future retaliatory attacks.
Citing Jerusalem Post, Mohsen Rezaee stated the following:
“If US President Donald Trump retaliates to Iran’s revenge, we will strike Haifa, Tel Aviv and wipe out Israel.” He followed also by stating that Iran is now “very serious” about targeting all US interests in the Middle East.
Rezaee also stated,
“The assassination of the martyr General Soleimani established a new revolution in Iran against America.”
The Jerusalem Post also states that US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Benjamin Netanyahu have spoken three times concerning Iran this past week. Likewise, Jerusalem Post states that the airstrike on Soleimani likewise killed Hezbollah leader al-Muhandis and at least 10 other people.
Haaretz reports that Iranian forces are mustering to pinpoint all advantageous attack points against US foreign deployments. General Gholamani Abuhamzeh, who is the commander of the Guards in the southern Iranian province of Kerman, has raised the prospect of attacks on the Gulf.
Tasnim News of Iran has reported vital American targets within the region’s reach. Tasnim reports that 35 vital American targets have been identified within the region. He has implied that the US and Israel must be “in a constant state of panic” because of these accessible vulnerabilities.
Abuhamzeh made this comment,
“The Strait of Hormuz is a vital (maritime) thoroughfare for the West and a large number of American destroyers and warships cross the Strait of Hormuz, the Sea of Oman, and the Persian Gulf.”
Abuhmazeh has stated that the 35 US targets have been identified for a long time now. As he said it,
“Thirty-five vital American positions in the region are within the reach of the Islamic Republic, and Tel Aviv-the US’ heart and life-is also within our reach.”
Times of Israel has reported that a senior Iranian military adviser, Hossein Dehghan, said that his country would respond to Soleimani’s death. Dehghan, speaking with CNN, has stated that Iran is “not seeking war with the US”.
“Let me tell you one thing: Our leadership has officially announced that we have never been seeking war and we will not be seeking war. It was America that has started this war. Therefore, they should accept appropriate reactions to their actions. The only thing that can end this period of war is for the Americans to receive a blow that is equal to the blow they have inflicted. Afterward, they should not seek a new cycle.”
Look for more updates on US-Iran issues from Telegraph Local soon.