Emma Stone is officially off of the market! It was announced on Wednesday night that the actress, 31, is now engaged to SNL writer and segment director Dave McCary, 34. McCary was the one to break the news on Instagram to everyone with a sweet photo of the two of them, beaming with joy. He captioned the post with heart emojis. The ring is not traditional of course, and it shouldn’t be for an extraordinary woman. The ring pictured in the Instagram post is a pearl surrounded with diamonds. Beautiful beyond words! Since this is not traditional though, it was questioned at first, but a rep for Stone confirmed the engagement.
These two first met on the set of SNL in late 2016 when Stone was hosting the show and starred in one of McCary’s directed segments. The couple has been notoriously quiet about their relationship when they were an official item starting around mid-2017. Recently they’ve been more public as they’ve been seem out more and more together.
Stone had previously been dating Andrew Garfield for nearly four years before splitting in 2015, and then along came McCary, husband-to-be in late 2016. Stone and Garfield had an amicable split and still remain friends.
We all know Stone pretty well at this point. From her extraordinary Oscar winning performance in La La Land, to her heart-warming coming of age film Easy A and so many others. But according to US Magazine we can learn a few things about Dave McCary if you are unfamiliar with him:
- His best friend is Kyle Mooney. They grew up together in San Diego and bonded over trading baseball cards. You may know Mooney from his work on SNL or Arrested Development
- McCary and Mooney joined SNL together in 2013.
- He was nominated for an Emmy for Outstanding Writing for a Variety Series. This reoccured in 2016, 2017, and 2018.
- He went to college at the University of Southern California with Mooney.
- McCary made his directorial debut in 2017 with comedy movie Brigsby Bear starring Mooney.
These two have made a huge step into a new part of their life, and we are all so happy for them. From the giant smiles on both of their faces, fans everywhere know that they are in a lovely place in their lives. Congratulations to the happy couple!